Yesterday, Boris Johnson the Prime Minister announced a Ministerial reshuffle.
We are delighted to be able to announce that Horsham's MP, Jeremy Quin has been promoted to serve as Minister of State (Minister for Defence Procurement) at the Ministry of Defence. This is an important role within the MOD. As Minister of State for Defence Procurement, Jeremy is responsible for the Defence Equipment Plan; relations with the defence industry; defence exports; defence science and technology; and defence estates and infrastructure.
Jeremy's responsibilities will include the following;
- Delivery of the Equipment Plan
- Nuclear enterprise
- Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) reform
- Defence exports
- Defence science and technology including Dstl
- Information computer technology
- The Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO)
- DIO estates and investment
- Environment and sustainability
This is tremendous news and all of us in the Horsham Conservative Association wish Jeremy well in his new role.